Welcome to my blog!
If you are reading this page, you are most likely concerned about your personal well-being and are looking for someone to assist you.
Below, you will find more information about the work I do.
Also, click on the Why seek therapy? page to find out why many of my clients first make contact with me.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Mobile: +27 (0) 81 263 2217
I believe that while theories of the human mind are an important aspect of the therapist’s professional toolbox, it is really the relationship between the client and their therapist that enables psychological holding and change to take place.
Areas of work
I work predominantly with adolescent and adult clients in individual, family, and group therapy.
Some areas of special interest include:
- depression and anxiety (generalized, social, panic, post-traumatic stress, obsessive compulsive disorder)
- difficulty adjusting to major changes in one’s life (relocation, community and social, career, relationships)
- childhood trauma (emotional, physical and sexual abuse, as well as emotional and physical neglect)
- death and dying
- HIV/AIDS and living with chronic medical conditions
- LGBTIQA community
- stigma and marginalized community concerns
- masculinity/femininity and personal identity
- major psychiatric disorders (incl. bipolar mood disorder and schizophrenia)
- therapy for clinical psychologists and other mental health care professionals.
Orientation to Therapy
Every client is unique and will not benefit from a one-size-fits-all approach to therapy.
I understand my clients largely within a psychodynamic framework (focusing on the conscious and unconscious parts of yourself and exploring how your earlier life experiences have influenced the way you view the world today). I tailor-make my therapy interventions to meet your specific needs and personality style.
I also offer cognitive behaviour therapy (or CBT). CBT is designed to help you identify, test and challenge unhelpful ways of thinking which keep you feeling stuck, stressed, and depressed.
MPsych Clin. Psych. (UWC)
BSocSci Honours in Psychological Research (UCT) (distinction),
BSocSci Psychology & Sociology (distinction) (UCT)
Health Professions Council of South Africa – PS 0114405
Board of Healthcare Funders – PR 0456446
My private practice is based in Melville, Johannesburg.
Surrounding areas in the northern suburbs of Johannesburg, include: Parkhurst, Parkview, Parktown North, Saxonwold, Westcliff, Killarney, Rosebank, Greenside, Emmarentia, Linden, Auckland Park, Illovo, Sandton, Melrose and Randburg.
I also consult with international clients via a secure online heath platform.